Personal Information. How do we collect your data and why?
Depending upon your interactions with us, we might collect information in the following ways:
Direct Interactions: You may give us your identity, or contact information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone and email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provided when you:• sign up to receive email updates, participate in any of our competitions, promotions (for example via any social media channels, email or our site), surveys or market research;
• create an account on our website and enter information into online forms;
• contact us via our social media, post, email or instant messenger.
followsummer does not automatically collect personal information, such as name, address, phone number, email address and other personally identifiable information, from its visitors. In the event that followsummer asks for personal information, such as via a newsletter subscription link or contest entry form, it will collect and use such personal information solely for the purpose(s) disclosed by followsummer at the time of collection and only after such collection and use has been voluntarily agreed to by you.
All personal information that may identify you and has been collected with your consent by followsummer is not disclosed in any identifiable form to any other party outside the company except for the fulfillment of the specific purpose identified to you at the time of collection. However, followsummer may disclose such information in anonymous, aggregated and non-personally identifiable form to other parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes and to better understand your use of the website.
followsummer will not rent, lease, or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. To ensure the appropriate use of information, prevent unauthorized access and maintain data accuracy, we have the appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
When you visit followsummer, anonymous, non-personal information about your visit is automatically collected. Such information may include the length and date of the visit, how you navigated the website, what pages you viewed, the type of browser being used, the domain name of your Internet service provider, etc. followsummer uses this non-personal information to track the success of followsummer with its visitors and to better tailor followsummer to your needs and interests. This non-personal information may be shared with third parties, such as broadcasters, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
followsummer may be linked to other websites. These linked websites are not under the control of followsummer and are required to have their own privacy policies. It is your responsibility to ensure you have read and understood how your personal information may be collected, used, and disclosed by the linked websites.
followsummer may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements nor are we responsible for and shall not be held liable for any procedures, policies or activities of any websites linked to followsummer. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
• Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website, so we can improve our online experience.
• Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, that we think you’ll find interesting.
• Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by us. They let us identify the device you’re using – but not you personally. This information is sent back to our systems as you move around our website. Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using – so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each.
• Make it possible for you to use our website
• Show you information that is relevant to you
• Find out more about how our customers use the site
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to followsummer, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
What do we use your information for?
Under data protection laws we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so such as:
• when it is our legal duty or;
• when it is in our legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interested or
• when you consent to it
Generally, we do not rely upon consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending our own or third-party direct marketing communications to you via e-mail. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
• To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey: We do this to perform our contract with you or for our legitimate events of studying how customers use our services, develop them and grow our business.
• To send you marketing communications: We will use your information to contact you in order to keep you up to date with the latest news and competitions that we consider may be of interest or relevant to you. We will usually only do this when we have your consent to do so or on the basis of our legitimate interest to provide you with customer service. You may opt-out at any time.
• To personalize your customer experience and improve our service: We use your information to provide you with a more personalised service. This might include personalizing the communications we send to you with preferences, sending you only information that we think you might like.
• To optimize our site: If you use our site or apps, we will use your information to ensure that the content from our websites are presented in an effective manner for you and your device, to provide you with access to our site in a manner that is effective, convenient and optimal, and to provide you with content that is relevant to you, using site analytics and research and in certain circumstances combining that with other information we know about you (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate and present an effective and convenient website to our website users);
• To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships, and experiences: This is necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
• To conduct research: We use your information to carry out aggregated and anonymized research about general engagement with our services and systems, or if you choose to participate in customer surveys and research (on the basis of our legitimate interests to improve our products, services, and customer service); and
• To comply with our legal obligations: In certain circumstances, we will need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations, for example, to comply with any court orders or subpoenas (on the basis of our legitimate interests to comply with a legal obligation).
Our Marketing Practices
When we will get in touch with you
One of the other reasons followsummer sometimes collect your information is so that we can form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. With this information, we decide which products, services, and information may be relevant to you and what marketing you may be interested in.
We keep you up to date with travel information that we think might be of interest/relevance to you. We will only contact you in this way if:
• You have signed up to receive marketing communications from us and have not later told us that you don’t want to hear from us.
• You have made a booking with us and have not told us that you do not want to hear from us.
What if I don’t want your marketing materials?
We never want to send our marketing to someone who isn’t interested in receiving this content. If you have decided that you no longer wish to hear from us, you can unsubscribe from marketing by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in all of our e-mails or by contacting us.
Third parties and marketing
We do not pass your information to other parties for marketing purposes unless you agree to us doing so. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of followsummer for marketing purposes.
Sometimes we may use 3rd parties to send the communication to you on our behalf. followsummer uses a third-party providers Mailchimp and Sumo to deliver our email marketing. However, these companies do not have the right to send marketing to you for their own purposes.
The marketing material we send to you we may occasionally also include information about selected business partners who provide services closely related to our own product.
Do we share your personal data?
In order to provide you with the services and on the lawful grounds described above, we may share your personal information with third parties such as:
• Other suppliers that we work with in connection with our business. We share your information with third-party suppliers that we use to provide services in connection with the experiences we offer to you. This might include marketing agencies and/or companies that run our marketing campaigns, IT developers, service providers and hosting providers, third parties that manage promotions or competitions, third-party software companies, site analytics providers, and credit card screening companies;
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Your personal data rights
We want you to feel reassured that you have control of your personal information. With this in mind, we have explained the rights you have in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
• The right to ask us to correct any information you believe is incorrect.
• The right to ask us to not to use your information for marketing purposes.
• In certain circumstances, the right to ask us to stop using information about you.
• The right to ask us to limit or cease processing or erase information we hold about you in certain circumstances.
• The right to withdraw consent that you have provided to us to use your personal information.
How can you exercise your rights?
You can exercise these rights over your data by contacting us or to tell us that you don’t want to participate in marketing. You can also unsubscribe from any marketing at any time.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long do we keep your data for?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal accounting or reporting requirements.
We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold and the length of time we hold it for. By law, we have to keep basic information about booking and our customers for seven years for legal claims and tax purposes.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Consent to this Agreement
This version was last updated on [May 25th, 2018].